Armenian National Agrarian University
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Husbandary was founded in 1928 in the structure of South Caucasian Veterinary Institute as a veterinary faculty. Professor B.N.Michailov was the founder dean. The faculty of animal husbandry of Armenian Agricultural Institute was established in 1930, then in 1932 was moved to Yerevan Zoo Veterinary Institute. Founder dean was A.Tamamshev. In 1994 when the two institutes were unified the faculty was renamed into the faculty of veterinary medicine , and in 2003 the two faculties were unified and the faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Husbandry was established.
Since 2006 the dean is professor A.V.Vardanyan
The faculty comprises the following chairs
The faculty trains specialists in the following fields
The faculty is equipped with all necessary technical devices and materials, modern European literature and equipment. In order to ensure qualified education practices are organized in veterinary clinics, experimental farms , meat factories, milk factories and etc. This clinics and laboratories not only help students to obtain practical knowledge, but also serve the public members.
Students take part in courses of artificial insemination and obtain qualification of "Operator of Artificial Insemination".
Different international programs and projects are carried out, such as "TEMPUS TASIS", "ERASMUS" and etc. The educational state criteria and curricula have been renovated.